Massage Therapy Benefits
There are many, many benefits of massage therapy as part of increasing personal wellness and health. Extensive research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for various conditions including stress, low-back pain, fibromyalgia, and other issues.
Here are 25 Reasons to Get A Massage ( adapted from American Massage Therapy Association)
- Stress relief
- Postoperative pain relief
- Anxiety reduction
- Lower back pain management
- Reduction of fibermyalgia pain
- Reduce muscle tension.
- Enhance exercise performance
- Induces better sleep
- Tension headache relief
- Reduction of depression symptoms
- Improves and stimulates cardiovascular health
- Reduce osteoarthritis pain.
- Improve balance in older adults
- Cancer patient stress reduction
- Decrease pain from rheumatoid arthritis
- Moderate the effects of dementia
- Promotes relaxation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces Carpel Tunnel Syndrome symptoms
- Helps reduce chronic neck pain
- Lowers pain from joint replacement
- Reduces migraine frequency
- Improves the quality of life for those in hospice care.
- Reduces chemotherapy related nausea
- Increases range of motion